At Acadia, our mission is to provide our members with a safe environment. To achieve this goal we ask that all members of our community participate in our community in such a way that promotes a friendly, positive experience for our global community.
To protect the integrity of our community, as the provider of the service, we at Acadia reserve the right to ban/suspend any account at any time for any conduct we determine to be inappropriate or harmful. Such actions may include removal of content, a strike associated with the account, and or ban/suspension of account(s). Please refer to this page for more detail: ABOUT SUSPENSIONS.
Breaking the Law
You must respect all applicable local, national, and international laws while using our services. Any content or activity featuring, encouraging, or soliciting illegal activity is prohibited.
All suspensions/bans are binding until expiration or removal upon appeal. Any attempt to circumvent an account suspension/ban or chat ban by using other accounts, identities, personalities, or presence on another user’s account will also result in suspension/ban. Suspension/ban evasion will not only increase the length of the suspension/ban but may lead to indefinite suspension/ban. If the account is not directly controlled by Acadia as in the case of members on our Discord server, we will forward all relevant account data to the Discord Trust & Safety team to assist in suspending/banning any accounts that attempt to circumvent a Discord server ban.
Any activity that may endanger your life or lead to your physical harm is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to suicide threats, intentional physical trauma, illegal use of drugs, illegal or dangerous consumption of alcohol, and dangerous or distracted driving. We do not make exceptions for self-destructive behavior performed as a stunt or gag made in jest, or meant to entertain when the behavior could reasonably be expected to cause physical injury.
Violence and Threats
Acts and threats of violence will be taken seriously and are considered zero-tolerance violations and all accounts associated with such activities will be indefinitely suspended. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Attempts or threats to physically harm or kill others
- Attempts or threats to hack, DDOS, or SWAT others
- Use of weapons to physically threaten, intimidate, harm, or kill others
Hateful Conduct and Harassment
Hateful conduct is any content or activity that promotes, encourages, or facilitates discrimination, denigration, objectification, harassment, or violence based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability or serious medical condition or veteran status, and is prohibited. Any hateful conduct is considered a zero-tolerance violation. We will take action on all accounts associated with such conduct with a range of enforcement actions, including and up to indefinite suspension/ban.
Harassment is any content or activity that attempts to intimidate, degrade, abuse, or bully others, or creates a hostile environment for others, and is prohibited. Depending on the severity of the offense, your account may be indefinitely suspended/banned on the first violation.
We prohibit using Acadia services to facilitate hateful conduct or harassment, whether the targets are on or off our services. Individuals, communities or organizations that do so are not allowed to use our services. We may take action against users for hateful conduct or harassment that occurs off Acadia services that is directed at Acadia members/users.
Do not organize, participate in, or encourage harassment of others.
Disagreements happen and are normal, but continuous, repetitive, or severe negative comments may cross the line into harassment and are not okay.
Do not evade user blocks.
Do not send unwanted, repeated friend requests or messages, especially after they’ve made it clear they don’t want to talk to you anymore. Do not try to hide your identity in an attempt to contact someone who has blocked you, or otherwise circumvent the tools we have which enable users to protect themselves.
Unauthorized Sharing of Private Information
Do not invade the privacy of others. It is prohibited to share content that may reveal private personal information about individuals, or their private property, without permission. This includes but is not limited to:
- Sharing personally identifiable information (such as real name, location, or ID)
- Sharing restricted or protected social profiles or any information from those profiles
- Sharing content that violates another’s reasonable expectation of privacy without permission
Content or activity meant to impersonate an individual or organization is prohibited. Any attempts to misrepresent yourself as a member of Acadia Staff is a zero-tolerance violation and may result in an indefinite suspension/ban.
Spam, Scams, and Other Malicious Conduct
Any content or activity that disrupts, interrupts, harms, or otherwise violates the integrity of Acadia services or another user’s experience or devices is prohibited. Such activity includes:
- Posting large amounts of repetitive, unwanted messages, user reports or opening an excessive amount of tickets
- Distributing unauthorized advertisements
- Defrauding others
- Spreading malware or viruses
- Misinformation such as feigning distress
- Selling or sharing user accounts
- Reselling Acadia services or features
- Defacing, or attempting to deface, website pages or other Acadia services (such as uploading inappropriate or malicious content)
- Cheating an Acadia rewards system (such as our playr.gg giveaways)
Nudity, Pornography, and Other Sexual Content
Nudity and sexually explicit content or activities, such as pornography, sexual acts or intercourse, and sexual services, are prohibited in on all Acadia services with exception to the #art-nsfw channel on the Acadia Discord (Content that is deemed overly offensive may still be removed).
Content or activities that threaten or promote sexual violence or exploitation are strictly prohibited and may be reported to law enforcement. Child exploitation will be reported to authorities via the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.
Extreme Violence, Gore, and Other Obscene Conduct
Content that exclusively focuses on extreme or gratuitous gore and violence is prohibited.
You are expected to accurately label your content to the best of your ability (use spoiler tags if needed).
Cheating in Online Games
Any activity, such as cheating, hacking, botting, or tampering, that gives the account owner an unfair advantage in an online multiplayer game, is prohibited. If you are participating in an Acadia activity or event and are found to be cheating you may be suspended/banned.
Closed Alphas/Betas and Pre-Release Games
We ask that you respect all publisher/developer-enforced release dates, embargoes, and NDAs by waiting to broadcast or share these games until everyone else gets to. Unless given prior approval, your content may be subject to removal.
DISCORD SERVER RULES
- Be respectful to all members.
- All users should change their Discord nickname for our server to be their primary gaming alias – i.e. Bleakfiber.
- Nicknames should never be used to impersonate another user, especially an admin or mod.
- Use proper grammar and spelling.
- Don’t send messages in the wrong channels. Use #memes for all memes unless the meme fits into a related conversation or topic.
- Act civil in all channels both voice and text.
- Don’t join channels for the sole purpose of interrupting other members.
- Don’t post someone’s personal information without permission.
- Assume your voice/name is being streamed on twitch, youtube, etc. Keep things appropriate, and don’t say anything you don’t want the internet to know.
- Don’t post invite links without checking with an admin or mod first.
- NSFW content is only ok in #memes and #art-nsfw.
- NO SPOILERS WITHOUT SPOILER TAGS! ||
- No political posts.
Rules can change at any time and will be updated as required. Be sure to check #rules for changes. Acadia Staff will have the final say in any issues/violations. If you have any issues on the server please open a support ticket by messaging ModMail .
Violations of rules will be given manual warnings via AutoMod
Our Ban/Mute policy is as follows:
1st Warning: No Mute
2nd Warning: 24 Hour Mute
3rd Warning: 7 Day Mute
4th Warning: 30 Day Mute
Final Warning: Permanent Ban
Warnings will reset after 60 Days, but will still be recorded as an enforcement action. While muted you will not be able to send messages, add reactions, or speak in most voice channels, depending on the severity of the action, you may still be able to participate in discord events. Server Bans cannot be appealed. Any attempts to circumvent server bans are against the Discord Community Guidelines and will be reported.