Diablo Season 21 launched yesterday July 3, 2020 and with it brought both new and returning rewards to players. This season’s theme is Trials of Tempests.
During Season 21 every 90 seconds you will channel an elemental power that unleashes into the environment for a limited time:
- Rain meteors from the skies around you. (These look like Belial’s meteors so watch out if you get that combo while fighting him!)
- Breathe lightning. (Diablo’s lightning, and my personal favorite.)
- Summon a wall of flame. (Slow moving fire that moves across the ground.)
- Release twisters of pure energy. (Releases multiple tornadoes around you.)
- Crush your foes under the weight of rolling snowballs. (Summons a huge snowball that rolls through enemies, will bounce.)
One thing I dislike, and it may not effect you, is when the power is about to start there is an audio queue. It plays every single time… and is in my opinion very annoying. Those of you that don’t play with sounds on for some reason won’t be effected by it but the rest of us must bear this annoyance.
Though the air remains tainted with a demonic brimstone stench, the world around you crackles with chaotic elemental energy. You have been deemed worthy, and the primal forces of Sanctuary manifest to aid you in the fight against the swelling darkness.-Blizzard
Seasonal Cosmetic Rewards
Beginning with Season 17, Blizzard began re-introducing previous Seasonal rewards to make them available to players who may have missed them previously. For Season 21, awards originally available from Season 9 are returning. While this is cool for new players or someone who skipped previous seasons, I feel a bit let down by these rewards because I will be doing quests for the same rewards I already received from Season 9. Rocky is still a pretty cool looking pet if you don’t have him, so definitely go at least that far into the Season Journey.
In addition to re-releasing older rewards, Blizzard is continuing to provide new End of Journey rewards as introduced in Season 17, with two new cosmetic rewards for those who complete the entirety of the Season Journey. I love both of these new rewards for completing Guardian on the Season Journey, You get a really cool looking steampunk portrait and a mechanical pet which reminds me of a Dwemer machine from the Elder Scrolls franchise due to its legs.
Season Journey Rewards
You’ll earn one additional tab each Season by finishing the Conqueror tier, up to a maximum of five:
- Guardian of Sanctuary: Finish a level 70 Nephalem Rift on Torment XIII difficulty within 5 minutes.
- Gem of My Life: Level three Legendary Gems to level 55.
- All I Do is Win: Complete 2 Conquests this Season.
- Lose Yourself: Kill the Skeleton King at level 70 in under 30 seconds on Torment XIII difficulty.
- Money Ain’t a Thang: Slay Greed on Torment XIII difficulty. Treasure Goblins outside of Nephalem Rifts will sometimes open portals to Greed’s domain, The Vault.
- Take U There: Reach Greater Rift Level 60 Solo. Greater Rift keystones can be obtained from any Nephalem Rift guardian.
- Power Amplification: Use Kanai’s Cube to augment an Ancient Legendary item with a level 50+ gem.
- Cubic Reconfiguration: Use Kanai’s Cube to reforge a Legendary item.
- Curses!/Stars Align, pick any Cursed Chest event that requires killing monsters and defeat over 350 or more at level 70 on Torment X or higher.
- Sprinter/Speed Racer, where you’re challenged to complete the entire Diablo III campaign from Act I to Act V at level 70 in under 1 hour!
- Avarice/Avaritia, where all that glitters is gold—that is, if you can complete a 50 million gold streak outside of The Vault or its Inner Sanctum.
- Thrill/Superhuman, which requires completion of a Greater Rift level 45—solo and without any Set items equipped.
- Speed Demon/Need for Speed, meaning you’ll need to beat a Torment X Nephalem Rift at level 70 in 2 minutes. Best of luck!
Completing Chapters 2, 3, and 4 of the Season Journey will reward you with three of Haedrig’s Gifts. Each Gift contains a few pieces from one of your Class Sets. Players can only unlock one Class Set in this manner.
The sets granted by Haedrig’s Gift in Season 21:
- Barbarian – Might of the Earth
- Crusader – Thorns of the Invoker
- Demon Hunter – The Shadow’s Mantle
- Monk – Monkey King’s Garb
- Witch Doctor – Raiment of the Jade Harvester
- Wizard – Firebird’s Finery
- Necromancer – Grace of Inarius